Date(s) - 31 Mar 2013 until 31 Mar 2013
11:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Richmond Train Station
Join us on a University Boat Race Bike Tour and see this historic boat race between Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
This event has taken place between Putney Bridge and Chiswick Bridge since 1845 only stopping during the 1st and 2nd World Wars.
- Start Richmond 11am (20mins from London Waterloo by Mainline)
- Hears stories of Richmond Palace, Syon House + Kew Gardens
- University boat race route
- Historic houses and old pubs
- Cross the river twice (for lunch stop via Kew Bridge)*
- Ale tasting at The Botanist Microbrewery
- Riverside pub lunch or bring a sandwich
- Winter mulled wine
- See the University Boat Race finish
- Finish in a pub in Putney 5.30pm approx-for direct transfers back to Central London- we’ll take the bikes away from here
*This ride is unlike our regular Jesters Ale Pub Ride as due to the University Boat Race all of the bridges on the route are closed for safety reasons, this is why we cross the river only twice via the same bridge for lunch, this means we do not go via Syon House, Chiswick Mall or Hammersmith Mall.
NB This race is rowed with the incoming tide and so if delayed the towpath can become flooded, in this case some road cycling maybe needed.